In YIT, we process your personal data in compliance with applicable data protection laws including the European Union’s (EU) General Data Protection Regulation and other national data protection laws. Data privacy is important to us and to our employees, customers, vendors and other dependants or beneficiaries.
The objective of this policy is to set high and consistent standards to ensure that employees, customers, vendors and other dependants or beneficiaries can rely on that we respect and safeguard their data privacy. Another objective is to manage legal and regulatory risks as well as reputational and brand exposure in this respect. Any legal obligations and regulations that may impose stricter rules or additional limits on the collection and processing of Personal Data shall remain unaffected by this policy. In case of conflict with the provisions herein, mandatory local law shall prevail.
In YIT, “Personal Data” means information relating to an identified or identifiable individual natural person. “Sensitive Information” means information concerning e.g. health, disability or other such sensitive Personal Data.
The types of Personal Data YIT collects, when such data is collected and how it is processed, may be further regulated by local legislation.
Data privacy regulation sets principles on processing Personal Data, therefore YIT:
- Collects and processes Personal Data in compliance with applicable legislation.
- Use adequate and reasonable measures to inform individuals when YIT is collecting Personal Data and to explain how this Personal Data will be used.
- Obtain user consent for collecting and processing Personal Data when required, ensuring transparency and allowing for withdrawal of consent.
- Collect Personal Data which is relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose for which it is collected and collect it for explicit and legitimate purposes.
- Limit access to Personal Data to entities and persons with a justified need to access such information
- Process Personal Data fairly and lawfully in all operations including when transferring or processing such data outside the country where it has been collected. Processing of Personal Data should be limited to what is needed for operational purposes, efficient customer care and relevant commercial activities.
- Not retain Personal Data longer than is legally required or necessary for operational purposes, efficient customer care and relevant commercial activities. When the Personal Data is no longer necessary to fulfil the purposes, which legitimised its original collection and processing, we shall appropriately delete or anonymize such data.
- Keep Personal Data accurate and reasonably up-to-date and provide reasonable measures for individuals to obtain information about personal data retained about them and to correct inaccuracies.
- Provide Personal Data to authorities solely to the extent required by law or with the individual’s permission.
- On a systematic basis, assess data privacy risks associated with the collection, processing and retention of Personal Data.
- Require service suppliers, in line with the level of protection in this policy, to prevent loss, theft, unauthorised disclosure or access or inappropriate use of Personal Data collected by YIT. Expect third parties engaged by YIT to process such data fairly and lawfully in all operations, including when such data is processed outside of the country where it was collected or received.
- Expect every employee to respect the duty of confidentiality of Personal Data
The cookies used on this website are used in a way that does not infringe the privacy of the service user. Cookies are used, for example, for measurement and research purposes to determine the type and volume of the use of the website. Cookies may also be used in direct marketing aimed at companies or marketing based on user lists and remarketing. The purpose of such marketing is to provide information on topical services of the company to users that have previously visited the company’s website. We do not gather any personalization data on the user, such as e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, or credit card numbers.
Cookies do not allow access to or the possibility to copy the data storage device of the terminal device, such as the hard drive. The user may block cookies by changing the settings of their Internet browser but this may cause reduced functionality of the pages and is therefore not recommended. The user may also delete cookies on their Internet browser at any time.
YIT collects and processes personal data for e.g. the following purposes: contacting customers, marketing of YIT’s products and services (including targeted email marketing, online advertising and personal sales calls), collecting and handling feedback, submitting requested information, and providing the products or services inquired or ordered from YIT.
Additionally, YIT may share your contact details and online behaviour data, such as Site visits and e-mail click-through rates, with channel partners for sales and marketing of YIT’s products and services.
The users may be targeted for marketing by utilizing the systems of third-party service providers (e.g. Google) based on user lists. Marketing based on user lists utilizes lists created via user cookies used on this website. The advertising policy applied in marketing based on user lists include the Interest-Based Advertising Policy of Google Inc., the most recent version of which is available at https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/143465?hl=en The user may, if they so wish, administer marketing based on user lists on the Your Online Choices website: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ The advertising settings for marketing served by Google can be managed at: https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated?hl
Service providers may transfer data to third parties where required to do so by law or where third parties process information on their behalf.
Service providers will not associate your IP address with any other data that they hold. You may disable cookies by changing your browser settings, but doing so may cause reduced functionality on the website.
By using and browsing this site, you consent to site analytics service providers processing your personal data in accordance with this policy for the purposes described in it.
Amendments and Additions to the Policy
YIT may change this policy, or change, modify or withdraw access to this Website, or the content of the pages on this Website at any time with or without notice. The effective date of this version of this Policy has been posted above for your reference. If YIT changes this Policy that will result in a material, adverse change in the way YIT may collect or process your personal data that you have submitted YIT through this Website, YIT will post a notice of the change on this Website.
As stipulated in these terms and conditions and in all applicable laws and regulations, YIT grants you the right to view and download material provided on YIT’s website for personal, non-commercial purposes only, provided that you retain the copyright notices and other indications of ownership in all copies of the material.
All rights that are not expressly granted with this statement are reserved.
Intellectual property rights (IPR)
All intellectual property rights pertaining to the service (such as copyrights, trademarks and domain names) belong to the author of the material, YIT or its co-operation partner.
It is prohibited to present, reproduce, copy, transfer, relay, save, alter, distribute, publish, reuse, license, sell or otherwise utilize any information featured on the website for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of the copyright owner, YIT or its co-operation partner.
However, it is permitted to save or copy information for personal use. All intellectual property rights pertaining to the material remain with their original owner.
Under YIT’s express consent to download or print out information published on the website, the user may use and display such information even in public with due reference to the source.
YIT’s website and its content form a service provided by YIT for the site users. YIT does its best to ensure the accuracy of the site content and the continuous, uninterrupted availability of the website. Notwithstanding the above, YIT’s web service content is provided “as is” and “as available”. YIT does not provide any guarantees regarding the accuracy or reliability of site content or the uninterrupted, timely, flawless functionality of the site.
YIT, its licensors, co-operation partners, responsible persons or employees shall not be held liable for any direct, indirect, immediate, subsequent, unexpected or occasional damage, penalty payments, or any other damage caused using YIT’s website or its content, the unavailability of the site or any information or programs contained thereon.
YIT’s website may contain links to sites or applications owned and maintained by third parties, and these links are a service provided for YIT’s site users. YIT does not assume any responsibility or liability for such sites, applications, their content or the accuracy thereof. When moving to such third-party sites, the terms and conditions of the site in question become applicable.
YIT reserves the right to change the website at any time.
Material produced by users
Users who submit material (such as information, images, questions, ideas, orders, etc.) to any of YIT’s servers (by email or via YIT’s website), thereby acknowledge and agree to the following terms governing material providers:
– No part of the material represents anything that is illegal, threatening, insulting, inciting ethnic or racial hatred, pornographic, infringing religious beliefs, violating intellectual property rights or otherwise unsuitable for publishing.
– Before uploading the material, reasonable measures have been taken to find and eliminate any viruses and other detrimental elements.
– The material provider owns the material and/or has unlimited rights to submit it to YIT, and YIT is free to publish the material free of charge and use the material or any ideas contained in it in its products free of charge, without any usage restrictions, without source references and free from any payment obligation or liability.
– The material provider shall not institute any legal action against YIT with regard to the material submitted, and the material provider shall reimburse YIT for any costs and damage incurred as a result of legal action instituted by any party against YIT with regard to the material submitted.
YIT has the right to dispose of material submitted by users at any time. YIT does not assume any responsibility or liability for any material submitted to its servers.
Changing the website
YIT reserves the right to change the site content, prevent or restrict access to the site, or close the site at any time, for any reason and without separate notice. YIT has no responsibilities towards the users for changing or closing its website.
Terms of social media use
Members of YIT’s staff must identify themselves as representatives of YIT.